The Minority Senior Outreach and Advocacy Program provides outreach to seniors to identify problems and act as a referral program for seniors with available services in Saginaw County. Our staff also advocates for senior services, senior rights and for new programs to meet the needs of seniors.
Issues we help with include:
- Getting meals delivered to your home
- Linking citizens with seniors clubs
- Helping seniors stretch their food dollars
- Supplying information on Medicare/Medicaid
- Finding housing, or issues with your landlord
- Saving on energy costs
- Minor home repairs
- The staff also acts as a referral program for other services, both within CAC and within other organizations.
The Minority Senior Outreach & Advocacy staff canvasses the Saginaw County communities to help find isolated seniors, visits senior housing, and conducts on-site presentations. The staff will assist seniors with completing the necessary paperwork to apply for this program.
Eligibility criteria are:
- There is NO income limit
- You must be age 60+
- You must be a Saginaw Country resident
To apply for service, bring:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of income (Not needed to receive assistance from Saginaw CAC, but will be required to determine eligibility for assistance from other services)
Need further information or assistance?
Give us a call at 989-753-7741 ext. 219, 222, 228