Saginaw County Community Action Center

The Minor Home Repair program provides repairs that include, but are not limited to: gutters/downspouts, plumbing (minor), window/door replacement, flooring, drywall, handicap accessibility (railing /grab bars, wheelchair ramps, etc.)

Eligibility criteria are:
  • Must reside within the CDBG district shown on the map below.
  • Must be current on property taxes and insurance
  • Income less than 80% of the Area Median Income
    Click to View Dollar Amounts
To apply for service:
  • Make an appointment with CAC staff
  • Bring the following documents (include all members of the household) to complete an intake application
    • Proof of residency (State issued I.D.) for all adults residing in household
    • Social Security cards for all household members
    • Proof of income
      • Employment check pay stubs  (for most recent 3 months)
      • Child support
      • Unemployment -UIA benefit letter
      • Social Security/Disability/Pension - Benefit letter(s)
      • Bank Statements ARE NOT accepted
      • If you, or anyone in your household, receives food stamps (FAP) benefit, documentation MUST BE provided
  • Bring the following documents required for this program
    • Deed - applicant must be listed
    • Proof of property tax payment - letter showing current balance
    • Proof of insurance - declaration page showing coverage
    • Utilities - most recent bill

Need further information or assistance?

Give us a call at 989-753-7741 ext. 217

  CAC Programs