Issues we help with include:
- Getting meals delivered to your home
- Linking citizens with seniors clubs
- Helping seniors stretch their food dollars
- Supplying information on Medicare/Medicaid
- Finding housing, or issues with your landlord
- Saving on energy costs
- Minor home repairs
- The staff also acts as a referral program for other services, both within CAC and within other organizations.
The Minority Senior Outreach & Advocacy staff canvasses the Saginaw County communities to help find isolated seniors, visits senior housing, and conducts on-site presentations. The staff will assist seniors with completing the necessary paperwork to apply for this program.
Eligibility criteria are:
- There is NO income limit
- You must be age 60+
- You must be a Saginaw Country resident
To apply for service, bring:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of income (Not needed to receive assistance from Saginaw CAC, but will be required to determine eligibility for assistance from other services)
Need further information or assistance?
Give us a call at 989-753-7741 ext. 219, 222, 228